Saturday, October 08, 2022, 12:00pm - 06:00pm
Hits : 161
UW Allen Centenial Garden presents
Harvest Folk Festival
Polish Heritage Club contributed funds to this event,
sponsoring the performance of the Polish Dance Group "SYRENA"
From the UW Events Calendar: Our Harvest Folk Festival is intended to celebrate the harvest of our kitchen garden on October 8, 2022. This event will showcase performances of folk music, folk dance, and storytelling; hands-on learning opportunities in the Garden; and displays of student research. Its goal is to offer members of the University community and beyond the opportunity to experience cultural harvest performances by Hmong, Indigenous, African American, Eastern European, and Scandinavian performers:
- Jessika Greendeer, a Ho-Chunk farm manager and seed keeper at Dream of Wild Health speaking on seeds and harvest topics;
- Hmong Heritage Club of Madison dance performance;
- Vidar Skrede, a Nordic Fiddler;
- The Limanya Ensemble, a West African dance and drum group;
- SYRENA Polish Folk Dance Ensemble;
- Red Thread vocal trio performing Eastern European folk music.
This events is free and open to the public
► map of location ◄